Having a tasty treat doesn’t mean you give up on your health goals. We’ve got a healthy recipe that mixes nougats’ soft chewiness with the satisfying pretzels crunch.
Yes, you read that correctly – nougats in pretzels. So get ready to make some incredible nougats in pretzels. Let’s dive into making these delicious nougats in pretzels like never before!
Nougats are a delightful treat enjoyed for centuries and are a delicious combination of sugar, honey, nuts, and sometimes even fruits. With their chewy texture and sweet flavor, nougats have become popular worldwide.
These tasty treats come in different forms and flavors. Traditional nougats are made by heating sugar or honey to a high temperature and mixing it with lashed egg whites until it becomes thick and creamy. Nuts like almonds or pistachios are often added to make the nougat crunchy.
There are also many variations of nougats available today. Some contain dried fruits such as cranberries or apricots for an extra burst of flavor. Others may include chocolate chips or cocoa powder to add richness.
When you purchase nougats, look for natural and healthy ingredients without any artificial flavors. This assures you are getting the best quality treat possible.
Ingredients Use to make Nougats in Pretzels
You will need some basic ingredients to make these yummy and healthy nougats in pretzels. Before you start making this delicious recipe, make sure you have the following items ready:
- Nougat Filling: You’ll use honey or maple syrup, almond butter or tahini, and vanilla extract. You can also use other nut butter like cashew or peanut.
- Pretzels: Go for whole wheat or gluten-free ones for extra health benefits.
- Dark Chocolate: Pick healthy dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa for great taste and antioxidants.
- Toppings: Topping is optional but if you want it then use chopped nuts, dried fruits like cranberries or apricots, and a sprinkle of sea salt which can make your nougats even more delicious.
Now we collected almost all the necessary ingredients. So, let’s move on to the next step – making these mouthwatering nougats in pretzels. Stay tuned for our step-by-step instructions coming up next.
A healthy recipe of nougats in pretzels
Are you ready to take your snacking to a new level with a tasty and healthy nutritious treat? This special recipe will satisfy your sweet cravings while keeping things wholesome.
Here’s what you need before starting:
- Soft nougat candy (in different flavors if possible)
- Mini pretzel twists
- Dark chocolate chips
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Baking sheet with parchment paper
Ok so let’s start the cooking:
- Melt the Chocolate: Start by melting the dark chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the chocolate until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Dip the Pretzels: Take every mini pretzel, twist and dip it into the melted chocolate. And then, place the pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add the Nougats: Now comes the fun part! Press a soft nougat onto each chocolate-coated side of the pretzel twists. And feel free to mix it with different nougat flavors for various tastes.
- Chill in the Fridge: Now put the nuggets in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes or until they become well and set. This step creates a beautiful contrast of textures – the crispy pretzel, the luscious chocolate, and the sticky nougat.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once set, your tasty nougats in pretzels are ready to be served. These treats are perfect for parties and gatherings, and you’ll be showered with compliments for your innovative and guilt-free creation.
This healthy recipe of nougats in pretzels provides an extra nutritional boost to your diet. While they’re a delicious treat, remember that moderation is vital to maintaining your balance and health.
But here’s something exciting. By adding whole wheat pretzels to the mix, you’re not just adding a delicious twist but also an extra dash of nutrition.
Our healthy recipe is your green light to enjoy these tasty treats without guilt. Excluding the refined sugars for natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup, and choosing whole-grain, like wheat pretzels, is the best way to show some love to your body.
You also like it:
How long do these nougats in pretzels last?
When stored properly in an air-tight container at room temperature, these nougats should stay fresh for up to two weeks. However, they are so delicious that they rarely last that long period.
Can I make this recipe vegan-friendly?
Definitely! You can. Simply replace the honey with maple syrup or agave nectar and use plant-based margarine instead of butter. You can also choose dairy-free chocolate chips if desired.
Can I substitute the nuts in this recipe with other ingredients?
Absolutely you can. If you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, feel free to experiment with different options. You can use sunflower or pumpkin seeds, dried fruits such as raisins or cranberries, or even shredded coconut for a tropical twist.